Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I AM

"I AM" are the two most powerful words in the English language, especially when I ask myself, "Who am I? What am I?" I've pondered this message for several months now after listening to a YouTube message from Ray Hughes at Morning Star Ministries. He's a notable preacher, teacher, modern day prophet speaking to worship leaders, musicians and artists in the Kingdom of God here on earth today. Although I don't watch Oprah often or espouse her philosophy with any of her spiritual gurus, her guest on last night's LIFECLASS was Pastor Joel Osteen from Lakewood Church in Houston. Again the message was "I AM....." So, I began this morning with pen and paper to affirm my list and I encourage you to do the same. His key point in the message was, "Whatever follows the two words 'I AM' will come looking for me." These are my first declarations:

I AM a child of the Living God, daughter of the King...His princess.


I AM a mother to two wonderful children and their spouses.


I AM a grandmother to 6 terrific grandchildren whom I love more than they will ever know.


I AM a successful business owner and operator of a notable beauty salon established circa 1993. I arrived in December 1997 and hesitantly purchased it in December 1999. God willed it so. This is my 13th year. We expanded into the next suite in April 2004.


I AM a creative artist, photographer, author, and poet. Since March 2011, I've held three successful art events and people have purchased my work after a 7 year withdrawal from making art.


I AM loving, gentle, kind and have chosen badly in past relationships. I AM healing from my brokenness and learning to live a life of peace.


I AM worthy without a mate/partner/husband. I have valid thoughts and ideas that have merit regardless whether I mirror life with a man or not.


I AM fortunate (Blessed, happy, to be envied, highly favored) to have this time when God is preserving me, protecting, providing and preparing me for what my next chapter will be. His purpose is this season of waiting. My job is to wait and see WHO, WHAT, WHERE, HOW AND WHEN God will change me through this LIFECLASS. Some lessons and teachers I've liked more than others, certainly, but I AM LEARNING TO LOVE SOLITUDE.


I AM an encourager to others. Words of knowledge and wisdom are gifts from the Lord. As long as I'm alive and breathing, there's someone who needs the gift of my life that only I can offer.


I AM A STORY.


I AM an inspiration to others I'm unaware are watching. GOOD IS COMING from the destructive events of my story.


I AM courageous to speak Truth into a situation when necessary, courageous to speak boldly even when I feel fear, dread, or anxious about the outcome.


I AM confident that God began a good, NEW work in me all those years ago. Getting sidetracked by my sin, unhealthy men, & failed marriages with them is no surprise to God. He did not randomly pick me for this journey/pathway. He KNEW I would survive. 


I AM a survivor. He KNEW the pathway I would choose every time....Life or Destruction. Both paths have everlasting consequences, but only one pathway is eternal with Him in Paradise. There is a difference between everlasting and eternal life.


I AM thankful I AM eternally yours in Christ.


I AM blessed beyond measure with INNER PEACE....a peace known intimately and forevermore.


I AM rested and refreshed by Your Word and I am content to be a WOMAN OF ONE BOOK, THE BIBLE.


I AM convicted and repent of my worry and anxiety when I have not trusted You in Your Sovereign Providence over my life. I AM and I DO....wait and trust in Your Sovereignty. 

(c) Copyright 2012-2016

2 comments:

  1. Good morning. Your list is a great beginning. Keep going on it. There is yet more to Christ in you and you in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill for your encouragement always...and your counsel. I consider you a mentor I can count on to demonstrate and speak Christ to me.

    ReplyDelete

BUSYNESS

PLEASE NOTE:  This post is not intended to judge the depth of anyone's relationship with the Lord but to share how God worked in MY h...